One of the best known and effective lifetime health methods of weight loss and flattening your abs is not found on dieting alone; it is not even good to do some exercises alone. The best method is to incorporate both exercise and dieting. However, we have a different definition of dieting. Dieting is not about restricting yourself of ample supply of food but changing your habits of eating food.
Here are some guidelines that can really work for you. They are not effective when you just follow some of them – you must follow ALL of them so that you can get the results you ever wanted:
- Change your lifestyle. Once you have read this and you want to apply this, there is no turning back. Every detail of this guideline relies on the change of attitude. Attitude is necessarily important when you want to change your body. Good attitude towards self reflects to how you treat your body. Thus, have a positive mindset and persevere in doing these guidelines. This is your first health concern - persevere and be positive.
- Never go on a wrong diet. Eat reasonably and keep your calories equal or less than what you can burn every day. This means that you have to check your daily routine and try to assess the kinds of food you are eating. See if they match. However, do not be too overly conscious about this. Just approximate the number of calories and the level of your activities.
- Avoid processed and refined foods found in chips, sodas, sweets, and other junk foods. These foods are never good for your health and you know that since you are young. The stubborn fats you have now are the product from the years of reckless consumption of food. Now is the time to stow away from them – remember the first rule: change your lifestyle.
- Eat many smaller meals rather than bulking them up on 3 meals a day. Eat light at 5-6 smaller meals a day. The health benefits of this method is you can maintain your blood sugar and increase your metabolism.
- Consume healthy fats. Healthy fats found in nuts, avocadoes, salmons, and some tunas that contain omega-3 fatty acids can help lower your bad fats. These fatty acids aid in burning the calories in your body.
- Eat a lot of vegetables daily. Vegetables especially the cruciferous ones contain many anti-estrogenic compounds that can detoxify your liver. Cruciferous ones are green leafy vegetables that can help you cleanse your body from unnecessary fats.
- Drink a lot of water. This should not be reminder anymore; however, many of us forget about this. We often neglect the importance of water. 6-8 glasses of water are good but to be more specific DRINK half an ounce for every pound you weigh.
- Get enough quality rest and sleep. When we say quality it means that undisturbed and sound sleep. Do not worry about a lot of things when you go to sleep. Before you sleep, free your mind and emotions from any worries. Do not let them disturb you.
- Keep stress at bay. Never stress yourself. Do not hurt yourself unknowingly because of a lot of stress factors around you. Be psychologically prepared for things that gives you stress.
- Avoid the excessive or chronic use of stimulants.This is self understandable. There are many ill effects of stimulants and it is never advisable if you want to be healthy in a long term.
- Do some exercises or have an exercise program. Combine your exercise from Cardios to weight-lifting. Flat abs will not happen when you do not work out the whole parts of your body. You cannot attain six pack or flat abs when you just do ab-exercises. This is the reason why you need to incorporate both cardio and weight training. Cardio helps you burn calories and weight training helps you build more muscles which can hasten the calorie-burning process in your body. Add circuits and intervals in your exercises so that you can eliminate the stubborn fats.
- Take interest in what you are doing and have fun. The package that locks everything is this one. Your exercise must be fun and interesting for you so that you would not think of a workout as a workout after all. Making exercise fun is a good avenue for you to get motivated in making an exercise a hobby